Help local nonprofits use Google's $10,000/per month Google Ads grant. It's available in 52+ countries, but most organizations aren't making use of this free marketing tool.
- Audience size: 5 - 50
- Venue: Office/meeting space, restaurant events room
- Equipment: Laptop and projector and an active Google Ads account (available in 52+ countries through a partnership with TechSoup)
- Timeframe: Three hours
A Note on Google for Nonprofits Availability
The Google Ad Grant is part of the Google for Nonprofits program. Nonprofits and Charities in 52+ countries are currently eligible to apply (check here). Nonprofits must first have a verified TechSoup account (which is free!) to complete the Google for Nonprofits application.
- How to apply in the USA
- How to apply in other countries (example from TechSoup Canada). Find the TechSoup partner for your country at http://www.techsoup.global
Host a hands-on workshop that pairs local nonprofits with Google Ads coaches who can help people create and modify their Google Ads campaigns.
- Timeframe: Two to three hours
- Audience: 5 - 30 (limited by the number of coaches you find) I suggest a ratio of one coach per five attendees.
- Equipment: Internet access
Recruiting Your Expert
Your community is full of Google Ads experts! If you're looking to recruit a workshop leader try the following people:
- Your members and previous presenters at your group
- Nonprofit-focused consultants
- Business schools
- Business contacts, especially those in marketing
- Search meetup for a local user group. Topics like: Google, Google AdWords, Online Marketing, etc.
- Search the directory of Google Certified Partners and ask for pro-bono help
What You Will Need
- Internet connection (Google Ads is online-only)
- Have each participant bring a laptop (if possible)
- Find venue
- Recruit Q&A coaches (use the recruitment template below). I suggest that you find one connected coaching leader who can then recruit the rest of the coaching team.
- Post event to your meetup (use the event template below)
- Copy pre-workshop survey and customize for your group
- Send preparation notes (example) and survey link to attendees to determine their current level with Google Ads
- Host event!
Coach Recruitment Email
SUBJECT: Share your Google Ads expertise with local nonprofits
I'm the co-organizer of [YOUR GROUP NAME], a nonprofit tech meetup here in [CITY NAME] with over [NUMBER OF MEMBERS] members.
Would you be willing to donate your time to coach local nonprofits on how to use Google Ads during our next event?
Google donates $10,000 worth of free Ads credits to nonprofits every month, but most organizations don't make use of it. Let's fix that problem!
The coach role is very informal - you won't need to put together a presentation. Rather, you'll be there to answer any Ads question from attendees. Most will be beginners, so expect questions ranging from keyword selection strategies to ad copy tips.
Are you interested?
(And if you aren't who would you recommend?)
We're planning to hold the event on:
- Event date and time:
Thanks for being a nonprofit marketing champion!
- [YOUR NAME]
Event Description for Meetup
Google Ad Grants Hands-On Workshop: Creating Your First Ad and Improving Your Campaigns
Get $10,000 per month of FREE advertising with the Google for Nonprofits grant - we'll show you how and help you set up your first Google Ads campaign (or improve your existing campaigns). Bring your laptop for this hands-on workshop
GOOGLE GRANT APPLICATION
Figuring out if you have the right materials takes time so we'll help you complete your organization's application for a Google for Nonprofits grant.
GOOGLE ADS SETUP
It can take a while to set up effective ad campaigns in Ads. So we'll show you how to set up, organize, and optimize your campaigns.
If you are already using Google Ads we'll split you into a group of more advanced users.
Before arriving for the workshop please ensure that your organization has:
- A free TechSoup account: http://www.TechSoup.global
- Applied for your Google Grant: https://www.google.ca/intl/en/grants/
- Identified three landing pages on your website with a trackable conversion point (donation, volunteer sign-up, newsletter, etc.)
Fill out this survey before you arrive! INSERT LINK HERE
- This is the Official Google Ad Grants Help Centre
- Check out ConnectAd's Blog
- Learn how to Create your First Ad in under 30 minutes in this Wired Impact Guide