|This high-energy crowdsourced event format is perfect for when you have a last-minute speaker cancelation.|
Audience size: 15 - 50
- Venue: Office/meeting space, restaurant events room
- Equipment: Laptop and projector
- Timeframe: 45 - 90 minutes
This is a crowdsourced session. Participants are given 5 minutes to share one tool that they use which is valuable to their nonprofit communication/fundraising/community management life. It can be a CRM, communication tool, fundraising platform, some social media magic-sauce or other clever web tool that helped further your mission or cause, or execute your work.
The goal is to learn about other tools and techniques, and connect people that may be using similar solutions to build a network of peer support.
- Recruit three to five presenters before the event – once your members see how fun and easy presenting is you'll have a long line
- Assign a volunteer to be time keeper, holding each speaker to five minutes maximum
- Distribute index cards and pens to the audience to collect people's tool or idea and tape them to the wall as each session is delivered
Event Title Options
- Share Your Top Digital Tools
- Nonprofit Technology Show and Tell
- Online Tools for Charity Speed Dating Night
- Nonprofit Technology Gong Show!
Meetup Featured Photo
There is a wide range of low-cost or free online tools available to nonprofits today, to help us communicate better with workers, volunteers and stakeholders, and work more efficiently.
We will be demonstrating many of these tools, and sharing tips and scenarios in which you might use them.
This event will be crowdsourced! We'll open up the floor for 5 minutes to anyone who has something to share. Don't bring a slide deck - just come prepared to share your favorite tools and techniques via a live demo.
This event is designed for experts and newbies alike. It's your chance to showcase the latest and greatest tools you're using.
This will also be a great night of networking, connecting and inspiration.