Help local nonprofits use Google's $10,000/per month Google Ads grant. It's available in 52+ countries, but most organizations aren't making use of this free marketing tool.
- Audience size: 5 - 50
- Venue: Office/meeting space, restaurant events room
- Equipment: Laptop and projector and an active Google Ads account (available in 52+ countries through a partnership with TechSoup)
- Timeframe: 60 - 90 minutes
A Note on Google for Nonprofits Availability
The Google Ad Grant is part of the Google for Nonprofits program. Nonprofits and Charities in 52+ countries are currently eligible to apply (check here). Nonprofits must first have a verified TechSoup account (which is free!) to complete the Google for Nonprofits application.
- How to apply in the USA
- How to apply in other countries (example from TechSoup Canada). Find the TechSoup partner for your country at http://www.techsoup.global
Presentation from a Local Expert
Recruit a local volunteer who can provide an overview of Google Ads, best practices for creating their first ad campaigns, and walk attendees through the application process.
- Timeframe: 90 minutes (60 minute presentation and 30 minute Q&A)
- Audience: 10 - 50 (limited by the format your choose and your venue size)
- Equipment: Projector, laptop, expert with Google Ads account for demo
Recruiting Your Expert
Your community is full of Google Ads experts! If you're looking to recruit an expert presenter try the following people:
- Your members and previous presenters at your group
- Nonprofit-focused consultants
- Business schools
- Business contacts, especially those in marketing
- Search meetup for a local user group. Topics like: Google, Google Ads, Online Marketing, etc.
- Search the directory of Google Certified Partners and ask for pro-bono help
What You Will Need
- Internet connection (Google Ads is online-only)
- Laptop and Projector for presenter
- Find venue that has necessary AV and internet
- Recruit presenter
- Post event to your meetup group
- Host event!
Presenter Recruitment Email
SUBJECT: Help local nonprofits with Google Ads
I'm the co-organizer of [YOUR GROUP NAME], a nonprofit tech meetup here in [CITY NAME] with over [NUMBER OF MEMBERS] members.
Would you be willing to donate your time to give a one hour presentation on Google Ads for local charities?
Google donates $10,000 worth of free Ads credits to nonprofits every month, but most organizations don't make use of it. Let's fix that problem! I'm anticipating a one hour presentation that would cover the following:
- Introduction to Google Ads, including key concepts and campaign structure
- Walkthru of the process for creating your first ad
- Tips on keywords and ad copy
- Suggested resources for those who want to learn more
Are you interested?
(And if you aren't who would you recommend?)
We're planning to hold the event on:
- Event date and time:
Thanks for being a nonprofit marketing champion!
- [YOUR NAME]
Event Description for Meetup
Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits: Get $10,000/Month from Google
Get $10,000 per month of FREE advertising with a Google for Nonprofits grant - we'll show you how to apply for the program and give a demonstration of how to create an ad in the system.
We've recruited a local Google Ads expert to help you get started with your first online advertising campaign. [INSERT LOCAL EXPERT DETAILS HERE]
1. Google Grant Application: get help submitting your organization's application for a Google Grant.
2. Google Ads Setup: We'll show you how to set up, organize, and optimize your Google Ads campaigns.
If you don't have an active Google Ads account apply here: https://www.google.ca/intl/en/grants/
- This is the Official Google Ad Grants Help Centre
- Check out ConnectAd's Blog
- Learn how to Create your First Ad in under 30 minutes in this Wired Impact Guide