Inclusion, accessibility, and the digital divide is a broad topic that can be approach from several different angles.
- Audience size: 15 – 50
- Venue: Office/meeting space, restaurant events room
- Equipment: Laptop, projector, internet connection.
- Timeframe: 45 – 90 minutes
Format: One hour lecture, workshop or discussion
Reach out to:
- Past presenters
- Your members
- Local consultants
- Nonprofit staffers
- Accessibility organizations
- Diversity-promoting groups
Event Ideas and Models
I encourage you to create your own event or discussion. Take inspiration from the work of other groups.
- Wikipedia edit-a-thon on Art and Feminism topics (NetSquared Accra, Ghana)
- Web Accessibility: Designing Inclusive User Experiences (LA Tech4Good)
- LGBTQ & Tech! How do you use it? Can tech bring us together?
- The Digital Divide. Or no, everyone is NOT online
- Muslims in Technology
Meetup Featured Photo
- Addressing Access So We Can Move Towards Inclusion
- How 2 communities are bridging the digital divide: Success stories from the Digital Adoption in 2018 report
- Digital Adoption Report
- Webinar: Bridging the Digital Divide: Review of a Successful Program Model and Lessons Learned
- Web Accessibility 101 (and slides)