Starting a NetSquared group is surprisingly simple. Follow these steps to start a new group (or take over an inactive group).
By this point, you should have completed your orientation call with the NetSquared community manager. If you have not, schedule one now.
Steps to launch a group
- Recruit your informal advisers group – this "brain trust" ensures your success.
- Find a donated venue – it could be a co-working space, a boardroom, or a cafe.
- Choose your three event topics – what are the tech or digital marketing challenges of local nonprofits?
- Submit your event details – once you've select your venue, dates, and topics send them to us, and we'll create your group.
What does a typical event look like?
Every group is slightly different, but the typical NetSquared group follows this format:
- Frequency: Monthly
- Meeting day: Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday
- Meeting time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM, with a 1 hour presentation and 30 minutes of Q&A or networking
- Venue: Co-working space or boardroom of local company
- Format: Roundtable discussion (for less than 10 attendees) or lecture-style presentation or workshop (for larger groups)
- Popular topics: Digital marketing topics like social media strategy, nonprofit technology trends, or a technology "show and tell."