Us this template as a promotional kit for friends and partners who are interested in promoting your event.
How to use the sharing kit
- Copy this Google doc [File –>Make a copy…]
- Update with info for your NetSquared group
- Brainstorm a list of local organizations/influencers with your co-organizers
- Send an email or tweet to each organization asking them to help promote your new group. Offer to list them as a community partner on your meetup group (use the sponsor section)
- Make the document public using the blue share button
Send this to potential partners
SUBJECT: I’m launching a #Tech4Good meetup and I need your help
We’re launching a new #Tech4Good group in called NetSquared [CITY NAME].
We’ll be hosting free workshops and networking events for nonprofits, technologists, and our allies – and we’d LOVE your support to spread the word.
This share kit should help: [LINK TO KIT]
Event Topic: TOPIC OF EVENT
Event Date: DATE AND TIME
Event URL: EVENT URL
To help make sharing easier, we’ve crafted social media posts, newsletter and email templates especially for you. Creative license is all yours.
Here’s how you can help:
- Invite your network to our Facebook event page[a]
- Send an email to your members
- And of course, share across social channels
- Learn how to use tech for good.. Nonprofits get a helping hand at free [tag @NetSquared] events. #Net2 [CITY NAME] starts [DATE] [URL]
- Nonprofit, activists and tech experts working together to do more good. Join [tag @netsquared] & help us create #Tech4Good [URL]
- The inaugural #Net2 [CITY NAME] is happening [insert date]. Join us and tell your friends. #Tech4Good [URL]
Tag our Facebook page @Netsquared
Want to make your posts more engaging? Use some of the photos below or color your text!
- Use colored text in the background of your post.
- Make sure to tag with @netsquared or tag with @ and type the Facebook event page.
- Learn new tech skills and best practices at our next free nonprofit @NetSquared #Tech4Good event [URL]
- Changing the world is is hard - you need a team! Join @netsquared + build your #Tech4Good skills [URL]
- Join us for the inaugural #Net2 [CITY NAME] launch. Sign up now and tell your friends. #Tech4Good event [URL]
Tag your posts with @NetSquared and use the hashtag #Net2
Want to make your posts more engaging? Use some of the photos below.
SUBJECT: Free #Tech4Good events starting soon
Being a nonprofit techie can be lonely work, but NetSquared is here to help! We’re a global network of nonprofit technology meetups and we’re launching in [CITY NAME] on [DATE].
Attend NetSquared and:
- Learn new tech skills and best practices that help your organization be more effective.
- Connect in person with an inspiring community of nonprofit colleagues, consultants and techies
- Build a trusted network to advance your skills and you career
I look forward to seeing you at our next event!
Images and Graphics
People having fun: https://www.flickr.com/photos/evdg/14191167863/
Social Media Surgery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/podnosh/8079377599
Connect with your Community: https://www.flickr.com/photos/net2/35000971575/
[Date & Time]
- People! Use images above or check above
- Text on image - try “Connect with your community. Get a helping hand at NetSquared events” or steal from any of the sample tweets
Instagram Sample Copy: Excited to join the larger #Net2 community. The new [GROUP NAME] is here. Join us on [INSERT DATE] for our first gathering.