You don't need sponsorship to manage a NetSquared community
NetSquared meetups are designed to be held without any money:
- Volunteer organizer
- Volunteer presenters and workshop leaders
- Donated venues
The majority of groups operate successfully without any sponsorship.
Does NetSquared offer sponsorship or expense reimbursement?
- NetSquared can not provide cash sponsorship or expense reimbursement for your events.
- Group leaders are expected to cover all expenses with in-kind contributions from their community.
Can I find an event sponsor?
Yes! You are welcome to seek out local sponsorship.
- This is your money, not NetSquared or TechSoup's. It's your responsibility to track the funds and deal with any potential tax implications.
- TechSoup is unable to offer charitable tax receipts for donations (with one exception)
- You are expected to use the funds exclusively in support of your group's activities. The funds can't be used to pay for your time or for personal gain.
- Add your sponsor's logo and URL to the Sponsors section of your Meetup
- NetSquared Letter of Agreement template – Draft agreement to be signed by both the organizer and sponsor making their relationship official. It is purposefully worded to reflect the informal nature of most meetup groups.
- NetSquared sponsorship request email template – This draft email text can be used by organizers seeking sponsorship.