Where is your audience? If they're on social media your group might want to be there too.
Here's some suggestions for how you can use different social networks.
- The NetSquared account will share event links. We tweet from @NetSquared.
- Suggested hashtag for all groups: #Net2
We encourage all groups to use the NetSquared hashtag #net2
If you want to create your own twitter account you can follow our naming standard.
- @Net2[City Name or city abbreviation] ie. @Net2Van
- #Net2[Airport Code] ie. @Net2PDX
For inspiration review the twitter list of all NetSquared-affiliated groups.
NetSquared maintains a Facebook profile: http://www.facebook.com/NetSquared
We share events and links from the NetSquared community and Like the pages created by local organizers.
You can create a Facebook Group or Page for your local meetup (I currently recommend a Group) and cross-post your events to Facebook.
- Add NetSquared as the co-host of your Facebook events so that the events will be featured on the NetSquared page.
- Always include a link to Meetup in any Facebook events.
- Try livestreaming your events using Facebook Live.
LinkedIn is a great place to promote your upcoming events.
Feature your contributions to the community by listing NetSquared as a job.
- Job title: "[CITY NAME] organizer"
- Company: "NetSquared, a program of TechSoup"
- NetSquared logo
- Facebook banner image (coming in 2019)
- Twitter profile banner (coming in 2019)