COVID-19 has cancelled all our live events, so we're adapting by going ONLINE. A virtual meetup is your chance to keep your group's community connections — and grow to include people who were never able to attend in-person meetups.
- Audience size: 2 - 300
- Venue: Zoom room, provided free by TechSoup (book your online meeting here)
- Equipment: Laptop and headset
- Timeframe: 30 to 45 minutes (I recommend keeping online meetings under 1 hour)
- When: Anytime you want! Without venue access to restrict you try a 🍳morning, 🍔lunch, or 🍸evening time
Each meeting can have a theme, whether it is a conversation or presentation.
- Work From Home tips
- How are you communicating with your members during COVID-19?
- How COVID-19 will change the charity sectory
- Tech resources for nonprofits
- The show must go on: producing virtual events
- Fundraising in the time of COVID-19
- 8 Tips for Holding Virtual Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Once you have selected your topic:
- Prepare eight questions for your attendees (TIP: each theme links to a blog post that will help you select questions)
- Invite two friends to attend the meeting and have them to answer the first questions. This will break the ice for everyone!
- COMMUNITY ISN'T CANCELLED - Member Check-In
- COMMUNITY ISN'T CANCELLED — THEME GOES HERE
Meetup Featured Photo
We're changing things up a bit for our next Meetup and going virtual. Community isn't cancelled and this is a great opportunity to connect with your nonprofit techies.
Join us for an open community share-a-thon. What's working and what's your hack for working from home? Let's share ideas and learn from each other.
This will be a lightly facilitated open discussion on Zoom.
Adding Event to Meetup
A quick way to add this event to meetup is to use the "Start from a template" option in the event creation page.