Social Media Tune-Ups are informal drop-in sessions where anyone from the voluntary and community sector can come and pick the brains of our experts (helpful volunteers who understand the world of Twitter, Facebook and the rest).
What You Need
All you need is:
- A free room where there is wifi and you can buy or borrow a drink (cafe is perfect)
- A host – that's probably you!
- At least one volunteer expert (can overlap with the host for small Tune-Ups) and hopefully at least one person from a local community and voluntary group who wants some help.
- Zero expectations – high hopes can kill enthusiasm. Expect nothing and be delighted by what does happen.
Everyone has an area of expertise. As people arrive ask them if they can host host a small group conversation about an area of interest like:
- Managing Facebook Groups
- Navigating Google analytics
- Choosing the right Twitter hashtags
- Tools for scheduling social media
- or any other topic!
Don't be afraid to recruit your friends and coworkers.
Meetup Event Description Template
TITLE: Social Media Tune-Up: Hands on social media advice & help
Do you need a hand in learning social media basics, like posting photos on Facebook or writing a tweet? Or maybe you have questions about how to track the clicks on your links, or use Facebook Insights? Or maybe you want to chat with someone about your social media strategy? Or maybe you’re a social media pro yourself, and want to share your experience with others?
This month we’re doing something a bit different: a social media tune-up. Come and get help from you fellow nonprofit techies!
Anyone who feels they have knowledge to share is an “expert” is highly encouraged to attend. And because of the nature of the event, you never know what you might end up learning from one of the other participants!